Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Making Intuitive Decisions

In finishing off Michael Ray's latest book, THE HIGHEST GOAL, I was struck by a simple decision making tool he teaches his MBA classes as Stanford.

I think it's powerful in its simplicity and by the way it accesses your intuition, that deeper place of wisdom.

Here is what you do. Reduce a decision to two options. Reach for a coin and assign each side to a particular outcome. (If it comes up heads I will take option A. If it comes up tails, I will take option B.)

Make yourself still, by settling down and taking a few deep breaths. Flip the coin.

As soon as the coin reveals its recommendation, pay careful attention to your reaction.

If you react with a "yes, I knew that was the best way" you have your answer. If it is a "no, that doesn't feel right", you also have you answer.

What a simple way of checking in with your intuition.

Steve www.acoach4u.com

No comments: